Anyone know what became of the Gaim-E Project?

Kevin Hilton kevhilton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 13:37:29 CET 2008

As others have mentioned there is another pidgin encryption technique:
http://pidgin-encrypt.sourceforge.net/ .
This project also seems to have stalled if I'm looking at the release
dates as an appropriate indication.

The OTR website specifically addresses this plugin with the following:
"How is this different from the pidgin-encryption plugin?
    The pidgin-encryption plugin provides encryption and
authentication, but not deniability or perfect forward secrecy. If an
attacker or a virus gets access to your machine, all of your past
pidgin-encryption conversations are retroactively compromised.
Further, since all of the messages are digitally signed, there is
difficult-to-deny proof that you said what you did: not what we want
for a supposedly private conversation!"

This explanation doesn't make a lot of sense to me.