appending to gpg file?

David Kennedy dmkennedy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 20:41:50 CET 2008

Thanks for the help!

I'm using an app to pipe events (text strings) through an instance of gpg to
a file.  This works great for me now, in an ideal environment.

Two issues:
1)The problem occurs if/when the app breaks, breaking the pipe and killing
my stream.  GPG terminates, and the resulting file is unreadable (i get an
error decrypting it after entering in the passphrase).  so, the whole log is
no good.

2)Then, what if i'd like to start the app again, and stream back to the same
file?

My thought is to individually encrypt each "line" in the output file as its
own gpg encrypted package.  No dependencies on other individual "lines" not
being corrupt, as long as some sort of delimiter is in place.

Thanks,

Dave