Key Format For Exchange

Carlos Williams carloswill at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 14:17:11 CET 2008

Myself and office mate just installed GnuPG on our Linux machines and
generated a key:

carloswill at tunafish:~$ gpg --list-keys
/home/carloswill/.gnupg/pubring.gpg
----------------------------------
pub   1024D/7351884D 2008-11-14
uid                  Carlos Williams <user at myemail.com>
sub   2048g/49148CB4 2008-11-14

My question is what is the proper way to export this to a file for
both of us so we can import this to our keyrings? When I check the
How-To page : http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html#AEN84
I see they're importing a *.gpg file. I was told from another site
that I can export my public key as .asc so I am really confused what
the correct way is to export my public key so my co-worker can import
it.
Can anyone please pull me out of the dark?

Thanks!