Verify digital signature by GnuPG for Windows

Shvetsov, Dmitri UTCFS Dmitri.Shvetsov at lenel.com
Fri Oct 3 16:40:53 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have downloaded and installed GnuPG 1.4.9 for Windows. The link is
ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/binary/gnupg-w32cli-1.4.9.exe.

I am using gpg.exe to verify digital signature as follows:

1.       gpg --import my_key.public
2.       gpg --verify my_file.asc

The scenario above  works fine if I am using command prompt. But if I do
the same commands  by executing gpg.exe as a separate process from my
code using CreateProcess Windows API call I have the following side
effect. The signature is being verified without any problems but by some
reason an additional file my_file (without extension) has been created.
This file contains the signed content from the input file (my_file.asc)
which has clearsign format.

I am wondering why the behavior is different and if it's possible to
suppress the creation of that additional file when launching gpg.exe
programmatically from the code.

Thanks,
Dmitri.