Paperkey for Revocation Certificates? (Feature-Request :-)

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sun Oct 5 22:05:10 CEST 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 21:40 +0200, Sven Radde wrote:
> David, is there a chance that you will extend paperkey so that it
> encodes and decodes revocation certificates?

I'm not David (obviously), but I don't see the win here.

The problem with paper copies of private keys is they're big.  If
there's an error while OCRing them, it's going to be an ordeal to do an
optical diff between what was printed and what was OCRed.

Revocation certs are much smaller.  They're a few lines of text, nothing
more.  The optical diff is much easier.

Where's the need for this tool?  Where's the use case?