Attribute 'comment'

David Shaw dshaw at
Tue Oct 7 19:10:53 CEST 2008

On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 07:13:53AM -0700, horson wrote:
> i think i have the same problem. i wan to change the comment i entered when
> creating the key.
> is that possible?

It depends on what you mean by 'comment'.  If you mean the comment
that is part of your user ID, as in:

  My Name (my comment) < at>

Then no, you can't change it.  You can, however, make a brand new user
ID with a different comment (or no comment at all).  To do this, run
"gpg --edit-key (your key)" and then enter "adduid".


More information about the Gnupg-users mailing list