Key ID format: short or long?

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Tue Oct 21 23:16:32 CEST 2008

Faramir wrote:
> David Newman escribió:
>> Personally, I'd put the whole fingerprint on there (and in fact, that
>> it what I do).  It's not terribly long, and it is the most-specific
>> way to specify a particular key in OpenPGP.

It also facilitates folks signing your key. They've met you. Your key's
fingerprint is in their wallet.

>   Well, it is not terrible long if it is used to check a key already
> found, but to type it to do a search... I think maybe it can be a bit
> "scary" for new users... maybe I should put the KeyID short format, and
> in smaller text, the whole fingerprint...

I list the entire fingerprint and bold the last eight (one could instead
increase the font by one or two points).

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or