CERT fails with LDAP URL

Alex alex323 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 22:31:01 CEST 2008

Hi, when I try to locate a key with CERT it fails with this message:

$ gpg2 --auto-key-locate cert -r email at address --encrypt
gpgkeys: key 0000000000000000 not found on keyserver
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0
gpg: automatically retrieved `email at address' via DNS CERT
gpg: email at address: skipped: No public key
gpg: [stdin]: encryption failed: No public key

$ gpg2 --version
gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.9
[...]
Used libraries: gcrypt(1.4.1)

I generated the CERT record using the make-dns-cert tool and set the
url to "ldap://keyserver.pgp.com". My key is definitely listed on the
keyserver, and GPG is correctly connecting to the keyserver using ldap.
It seems that gpg is asking the ldap server for the wrong key (all 0's)
I checked the RR with `host' and it is indeed correct.

If anyone wants to actually see this in action please send me an email
off the list and I will give you the relevant information.

--
Alex