Controlling number of passphrase attempts

Michael Gauthier mike at silverorange.com
Tue Sep 2 16:20:23 CEST 2008

Hi,

Is it possible to control the number of times GPG asks for a passphrase?
I'm writing a library using GPG with the --status-fd and --command-fd
arguments. When a bad passphrase is provided, GPG tried three times to
get the correct passphrase. I'd like it to try once and then fail.

I would use --passphrase-fd except it does not support entering more
than one passphrase in the case that something is decrypted or signed
using multiple keys.

Thanks,

PS: Please CC me as I'm not on the list.