Protect pubring.gpg and secring.gpg

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Fri Sep 5 19:32:58 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 04:22:12PM +0000, David Vegano wrote:

> Hello, i?m a new member of list, and i have a doubt.
>
> Can someone to obtain my pass from the files pubring.gpg and secring.gpg??

No.

Which doesn't mean you should post your secring.gpg file on the web
somewhere.  That file, plus your passphrase, allows access to your
keys, so it's reasonable to take some care with it, but even if you
did post secring.gpg somewhere, a good passphrase would protect it.

pubring.gpg is supposed to be public.

David