Doe MediaCrypt (IDEA) exist anymore?

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Thu Sep 18 21:50:00 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 07:08:48AM -0700, heyrandl at yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi,
> I need to use GnuPG with older keys using IDEA.  This is for commecial use.
> I see that for commercial use, we need to purchase a license from
> MediaCrypt?  But they do not seem to have a web sight anymore.   What do I
> do now?  Where can I purchase the IDEA license?

Good luck.  The mediacrypt web page has been offline for months.  I'd
suggest contacting MediaCrypt AG via the address given in their domain
registration.  See http://whois.domaintools.com/mediacrypt.com You
also might try contacting someone at Ascom: http://www.ascom.com

I don't know your situation, of course, but I do know that in
virtually all cases, people don't actually need IDEA, and can do just
fine without it.

David