header field causing problem

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Sun Sep 21 03:56:21 CEST 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 02:24:01PM -0700, ejonesca at yahoo.com wrote:
> I got a message that gpg failed to decrypt. It looked something like this:

It looks like the message was slightly corrupt.  Specifically, there
is a blank line after the "Charset" header and before the "Version"
header.  That's an invalid file - there is supposed to be only one
blank line, and it comes right before the base64 data.

I'm not sure what generated that message.  I know it claims to be GPG
1.4.9, but GPG doesn't use the Charset header, so at least that line
must have come from elsewhere.

David