Changing preferences

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Sep 22 09:47:30 CEST 2008

David Shaw wrote:
> If they are so horrible, suggest a different way to handle them.  Better
> to fix it in code rather than document something you feel is confusing.

Remove the option.

Seriously.  I think key preferences ought to be considered analogous to
"--cipher-algo": you can tweak them if you want, but it's not
recommended and should be hidden from the user by default.  If a user
uses the --expert flag while --edit-keying, then present it.  Otherwise,
make an executive decision on a reasonable preference set and be done
with it.