Export secret key from WinXP (GnuPG) 1.4.7 to AIX PGP Version 6.5.8 gives Bad Pass Phrase

rlively 72ceot902 at sneakemail.com
Tue Sep 23 15:53:56 CEST 2008

Robert J. Hansen-3 wrote:

> GnuPG was never meant to be a conformant ClassicPGP application.
> The short version is that David read your message as "can GnuPG be used
> to process OpenPGP traffic while using ClassicPGP keys", and I read it
> as "can GnuPG be used to process ClassicPGP traffic, using ClassicPGP
> keys".

When I used the term "Legacy" - that's what I was referring to.  I thought
the implication was that if a PGP implementation is old enough and has not
been updated (the PGP version 2.x referred to before), that it would not be
able to decrypt my OpenPGP traffic from GPG using 3DES instead of IDEA for a
v3 key.  That is what I was concerned about.  It appears not to be an issue
in this case though.

Again, thanks to all for helping clarify things.