Changing preferences

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Wed Sep 24 04:56:39 CEST 2008

On Sep 23, 2008, at 10:37 PM, Robert J. Hansen wrote:

> Kevin Hilton wrote:
>> Now that the algorithm has been changed for picking preferred
>> algorithms, can someone please explain how the new algorithm works if
>> the personal preferences are omitted?
>
> Borda counting.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borda_count

This is true (the algorithm I used to pick the algorithm is similar to
a Borda count), but note that you don't need to know that to use it.
Unless you're curious about the math behind the choice, it is equally
correct to say "it picks the most popular algorithm that all of the
recipients can support".

David