gpg: AES-128 test encryption failed

Wilfried Holzke gnupg at holzke.net
Wed Apr 1 10:58:59 CEST 2009

Hi,

I use thunderbird and enigmail to decrypt messages.
I tried to decrypt one message, but gpg says:
OpenPGP-Sicherheitsinfo: (OpenPGP-Securityinfo)

Fehler - geheimer Schlüssel wird zur Entschlüsselung benötigt (error:
secret key needed for decryption)

gpg Kommandozeile und Ausgabe: (gpg commandline and output)
/usr/bin/gpg --charset utf8 --batch --no-tty --status-fd 2 -d --use-agent
gpg: .... (key info deleted)
gpg: .... (key info deleted)
AES-128 test encryption failed.
gpg: key setup failed: Selbstprüfung fehlgeschlagen (selftest failed)
gpg: Entschlüsselung fehlgeschlagen: Selbstprüfung fehlgeschlagen
(decryption failed: selftest failed)

If I tried to enrypt something (while sending an email) I get:
AES-128 test encryption failed.
gpg: Ohhhh jeeee: ... this is a bug (seskey.c:60:make_session_key)

I use gnupg-2.0.11 on Gentoo Linux (AMD Ahtlon 64 X2, Kernel 2.6.28.5).

I don't know how to proceed, any ideas?

regards

  W. Holzke