Using GPG exported key

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Wed Apr 1 21:33:37 CEST 2009

Joao Paulo Fernandes wrote:
> Hi everyboby,
>
> Im exporting my gpg key from  my unix server
> gpg --armor --output "key.txt" --export myserver
>
> i import the key.txt in other computer
> gpg --import key.txt
>
> i trust ultimately the myserver key with --edit-key
> but i still get the error when i try to encrypt files with the key:
> gpg -r myserver --output "test.gpg"  -e mytext.txt
>
> gpg: myserver: skipped: public key not found
> gpg: mytext.txt: encryption failed: public key not found
>
> I saw this is a common error people have but no solution.
> Somebody could help me ?

gpg --export-secret-keys 0xdecafbad > secret.asc
gpg --export 0xdecafbad > public.asc

On other machine:
gpg --import secret.asc
gpg --import public.asc

FWIW, the GnuPG keyring files {pubring,secring,trustdb}.gpg are binary
compatible. I find it's just as convenient to copy or import entire
keyrings.

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or