Keyserver doesn't honour removed signatures

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Apr 14 14:32:06 CEST 2009

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 01:27, nik at naturalnet.de said:

> Is it even possible to remove signatures from a key and distribute this
> change? Or am I doing something wrong?

No.  The Net never forgets.  A keyservers will never remove signatures
because signatures go into the key validation computation and thus
removing signatures would change the validity of your key.  Signatures
are also used for revocations.

What you can do is to revoke a signature, which is technically yet
another signature.  But that is in general not helpful in any way.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner