GPG executable for Unix/Apache ?

B BruderB at cation.de
Fri Apr 17 16:37:35 CEST 2009

Jan Banan schrieb:
> 2009/4/17 Brian Mearns <mearns.b at gmail.com <mailto:mearns.b at gmail.com>>
>
>     On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 6:02 AM, Jan Banan <viceversasport at gmail.com
>     <mailto:viceversasport at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > I am completely new to encryption as well as Unix-server programs
>     etc. I am

[snip]

". And that's the piece of the puzzle I am
> currently missing.

The peace of the puzzle that makes it possible for someone to help aout
is answering the question: What kind of Unix/Linux??

> Are you saying that I could download the source code for e.g.
> gnupg-1.4.9.tar.gz and then extract it to my Windows harddrive and get a
> compiler to compile the code to a single file, which I then upload to my
> hosting server? If so, what kind of compiler should I look for? Do I
> need it to support special features or a special programming language?
> /peter

No,no,no,no,no - to answer each question! ;-)
On typical distribution there are binaries avaliable - no need to
compile the sources.

So: Which Distribution??

Boris