keyservers

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Apr 18 22:42:46 CEST 2009

On Saturday 18 April 2009, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> Faramir wrote:
> >> And my last question is how to find for a specific key ?
> >
> >   I am not sure, the GUIs I use do that for me.
>
> gpg --keyserver x-hkp://pool.sks.keyservers.net --recv-key [keyID]

Or, if you do not know the key ID:

gpg --keyserver x-hkp://pool.sks.keyservers.net --search-key [names]

From gpg's man page:
  Search the keyserver for the given names. Multiple names given here
  will be joined together to create  the search string for the
  keyserver.  Option --keyserver must be used to give the name of this
  keyserver.  Keyservers that support different search methods allow
  using the syntax specified in "How to specify a user ID" below. Note
  that different keyserver types support different search methods.
  Currently only LDAP supports them all.

Regards,
Ingo