GNUPG CLI endless loop when using --batch and --decrypt on detached signature file

Harakiri harakiri_23 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 22 21:47:13 CEST 2009

--- On Wed, 4/22/09, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:

> From: Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org>
> Subject: Re: GNUPG CLI endless loop when using --batch and --decrypt on detached signature file
> To: harakiri_23 at yahoo.com
> Cc: gnupg-users at gnupg.org
> Date: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 8:01 AM
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 11:17, Harakiri said:
>

> > Its an endless loop, im requested to enter something
> in stdin but neither enter nor a filename will quit this
> modus, furthermore i believe that if --decrypt and status-fd
> 2 recognizes a DETACHED signatur it should show some kind of
> status or error and then QUIT because automatic programs
> cannot escape this call anymore
>
> GPG is expecting the data on stdin.  Your controlling
> process did not
> connect stdin to /dev/null and seems to deliver data from a
> TTY to it.

i thought the option --notty is the same as stdin /dev/null ?

I was only demonstrating with --batch --decrypt the issue - even with --notty nothing changes.

Could you please try to call --batch --decrypt with a detached signature file - you will immediately see what i mean - even with --notty there is no way to escape this process without control+c