Help with encrypting using my PGP Public key

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Fri Apr 24 00:27:02 CEST 2009

On Apr 23, 2009, at 2:18 PM, Kumfer, Brian K wrote:

> While I appreciate the response, please note that I am unfamiliar
> with PGP and encryption, so this is my first attempt to work through
> an issue surrounding the problem.
>
> I never stated troubleshooting is a big burden.  Rather, I did what
> I would expect would be normal troubleshooting activities given my
> novice status of dealing with PGP encryption:
>
> 1. Recreated the keys (this was done several times using command
> line version of GnuPG 1.4.9 compiled for Microsoft Windows installed
> on a Windows 2003 server).

Recreated how?  Can you give exactly the steps you followed?  Even
better, can you generate a key using those steps and send it here so
we can examine it?

The error message that you got looks like it came from the PGP command
line product.  I actually have a copy of that here somewhere, and I'm
happy to check your GPG-generated key against it.

David