Help with GPG in batch mode

Schrago, Gerard gerard.schrago at eds.com
Tue Apr 28 17:18:49 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Help needed in the following issue; I hope not to bother anyone but I need
an advise from an expert.
If the verbose provided by the --debug-level guru would be of some help I can
send it in a further mail.

I have to use GnuPG in batch mode to enable a running process to decrypt encrypted file.
If I run the shell script through ssh (with the specific user that was previously used to set the keys and has its proper .gnupg directory) this works fine despite
the following warning:
WARNING: message was not integrity protected.
But if I have the running process invoking the very same script, the response is:
gpg: encrypted with RSA key, ID 911633C3
gpg: decryption failed: No secret key
I have then tried to modify the script to define home directory using --homedir and
I got the following:
gpg: WARNING: unsafe permissions on homedir `/home/superagt/'"
gpg: keyring `/home/superagt//secring.gpg' created
gpg: keyring `/home/superagt//pubring.gpg' created
gpg: encrypted with RSA key, ID 911633C3
gpg: decryption failed: No secret key
It is to note that I see neither in /home/superagt/ nor in /home/superagt/.gnupg/
the secring.gpg pubring.gpg announced.
Thanks per advance for your help and support.

With my best regards.

Gérard Schrago