WinPT & Enigmail don't show the same keys

Joel C. Salomon joelcsalomon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 16:38:17 CEST 2009

I was under the impression that GnuPG kept track of everything, but I
noticed that Windows Privacy Tray and Enigmail do not always show the
same keys.

Both are accessing the correct version of GPG (C:\Program
Files\GNU\GnuPG\gpg.exe), and at least WinPT knows where the GnuPG
keyrings are (C:\Users\chesky\AppData\Roaming\gnupg).

Can someone explain to me what’s going on with my system?

—Joel Salomon