WinPT & Enigmail don't show the same keys

Joel C. Salomon joelcsalomon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 17:30:32 CEST 2009

John W. Moore III wrote:
> Joel C. Salomon wrote:
> > I was under the impression that GnuPG kept track of everything, but I
> > noticed that Windows Privacy Tray and Enigmail do not always show the
> > same keys.
> >
> > Both are accessing the correct version of GPG (C:\Program
> > Files\GNU\GnuPG\gpg.exe), and at least WinPT knows where the GnuPG
> > keyrings are (C:\Users\chesky\AppData\Roaming\gnupg).
> >
> > Can someone explain to me what's going on with my system?
>
> While this Question more properly belongs on the Enigmail List
> [https://www.mozdev.org/mailman/listinfo/enigmail]
> I shall ask at this time if You clicked on 'Refresh Keys' in the
> Enigmail Key Management window?

Actually, I was noticing that WinPT was not showing keys that Enigmail
-- and GnuPG -- knew about.  If I tried importing the key through the
WinPT interface I was told that "nothing has changed".

Turns out these were keys I'd just seen in my current online session,
and which Enigmail had added to my keyring, but WinPT wasn't updating
its keylist.

—Joel Salomon