Two convicted in U.K. for refusal to decrypt data

the dragon ceprn at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 13 15:41:37 CEST 2009

If you're in control of the computer the files reside on, and were in control of it when the files were created and last accessed, the chances that you *don't* know the key for the encryption is so slim as to be nonexistant.

peace,

clark

PSA: Salary <> Slavery. If you earn a salary, your employer is renting your services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be recovered, so don't waste it by giving it away.

I work to live; I don't live to work.

"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -- William G. McAdoo

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. -- Seneca

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony