gpg-agent wants to go online

Aaron listen at story-games.at
Wed Aug 19 11:37:05 CEST 2009

Hi, everybody!

I've recently switched over (by way of gpg4win) to GPG 2.0.12 and
there's one thing I'm wondering: When I start gpg, my firewall asks me
if I want to allow gpg-agent to connect to the network. Being one of
those strange people who prefer it when his programs aren't online
unnecessarily, I've been looking for reasons why gpg-agent wants this
connection.

At first I figured it would connect to a keyserver, but it seems there
is another program for that.

So, if it an update process or something?

Aaron