gpg.exe Vista Crash

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Mon Feb 2 23:08:34 CET 2009

Brian wrote:
> I tried this command:
> gpg -K
>
> gog.exe crashed and the command line window give this info:
> gpg: checking the trustdb
> Assertion failed: keyblock->pkt->pkttype == PKT_PUBLIC_KEY, file
> keyring.c, line
>   1387
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way.
>

> Hopefully this will help troubleshoot this a little.  If there is
> anything I can do to debug or produce a log file, just let me know.

How did you move your keys?

Did you export/import or copy the three keyring files (pubring.gpg, secring.gpg,
trustdb.gpg) along with any gpg.conf?

If copied, did you copy them to the correct location?

On Windows 2000/XP, the default Home directory is
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\GnuPG

On Vista, it is C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GnuPG

Do other keyring commands work? gpg --list-keys or gpg --check-trustdb

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or