gpg: failed to create temporary file

Joseph Oreste Bruni jbruni at me.com
Wed Feb 4 21:11:05 CET 2009

Hi Lee,

I'm not that familiar with BPEL, so perhaps you can elaborate on it.
When it starts a shell to execute commands as a user (oracle in this
case), does it always launch the shell specified in the user's /etc/
passwd (/bin/bash) or does it simply start a POSIX shell (/bin/sh). If
BPEL only starts a POSIX shell, then you will not pick up anything
from .bash_profile. Indeed, unless the shell is started as a "login"
shell, you might not even get .profile.

If BPEL avoids starting any sort of shell and simply runs the programs
directly (via fork() and exec()), then you may not even get $HOME
depending on what environment variables BPEL passes in to the exec()
call.

Try running the "env" command from BPEL and review the results. Pay
particular attention to the contents of $SHELL, $HOME, and look to see
if $GNUPGHOME is present and set as expected.

Regards,
Joe