Paperkey question

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Sun Feb 8 16:25:54 CET 2009

On Feb 8, 2009, at 5:48 AM, Ian Hill wrote:

> I have a question about paperkey, bearing in mind that this
> application
> may not always be available can one restore the secret key just using
> the printed paperkey and the public key from keyservers manually.

Yes, you can.  That was one of the design goals in paperkey.  I wanted
to avoid the need for a program that may not be readily available when
you need it.  Paperkey automatically prints out instructions on how to
restore the key.  It's easier, of course, to use paperkey to do the
work, but in a pinch you can do it by hand.

David