Using a smart card with revoked keys

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Mon Feb 9 15:21:23 CET 2009

Hello,

some time ago I lost my card reader, so I revoked the keys on the smart
card because I wouldn't have been able to use them for quite some time,
until I got a new one.

Now I managed to get a new card reader, and I discovered that gpg
doesn't want to use those subkeys: if I try to decode some old data that
was encoded with the smart card key, I get "secret key not available",
without even being asked the pin.

Is that because they are revoked?  Is there a way to use the smart card
anyway?

Additional details:

  gpg --list-secret-keys doesn't show the keys that are on the smart
  card, although gpg --edit-key lists them as revoked.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>