General Error while checking message signature (Maybe I should has at Enigmail list)

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu Feb 12 17:03:04 CET 2009

Faramir wrote:
>   Any idea about what could be causing this error?

Yes; it's possible (even likely) Malte's setup is misconfigured.  He's
been using PGP/MIME for his signatures, which requires that the hash
algorithm be included in the MIME header.  I've seen this error occur
before when the algorithm used in the signature is not the same as the
one declared in the MIME header.

I haven't done any checking into the matter, so please consider this
only a possibility.