ReinerSCT e-com: CCID-driver?

Dominik Paulus dominik at d-paulus.de
Fri Feb 13 20:25:05 CET 2009

Hi,

I recently bought a ReinerSCT e-com cardreader and an OpenPGP smartcard.
The reader works well using the vendor's driver and pcsc-lite 1.4.102,
however, I would like to use the reader's keypad. Unfortunately, GnuPG
doesn't detect it when using the integrated CCID driver. I tried the
ports 0, 1 (which works with CT-API and GnuPG 1.x) and 32768 to 32780.
The 'parse' tool from the libccid distribution outputs:

Parsing USB bus/device: 001/005
 idVendor:  0x0C4B  iManufacturer: Reiner-SCT
 idProduct: 0x0400  iProduct: cyberJack e-com(a)
  Found a CCID/ICCD device
 idVendor: 0x0C4B
  iManufacturer: Reiner-SCT
 idProduct: 0x0400
  iProduct: cyberJack e-com(a)
 bcdDevice: 0.01 (firmware release?)
 bLength: 9
 bDescriptorType: 4
 bInterfaceNumber: 0
 bAlternateSetting: 0
 bNumEndpoints: 3
  bulk-IN, bulk-OUT and Interrupt-IN
 bInterfaceClass: 0xFF
  NOT A CCID DEVICE
  Class is 0xFF (proprietary)
 bInterfaceSubClass: 0
 bInterfaceProtocol: 0
  bulk transfer, optional interrupt-IN (CCID)
 iInterface: 0
USB extra length is too short: 0

  NOT A CCID DEVICE

However, according to ReinerSCT, this reader should be CCID-compliant.
The GnuPG version I used is 1.4.9.

Thanks for your help,
Dominik Paulus