Decryption in .NET application,automate passPhrase

syousuf shahbaz.bhat at transcore.com
Sun Feb 15 13:47:57 CET 2009

Hi,
I am working on decryting a pgp file using GnuPG.I want to do the same in a
.NET C# Console Application.I want to send the passPhrase from the
application itself,& don't want it to prompt.
I tried to passing the Passphrase from the application but its not working.

Finally,I want to decrypt the file,stream the dataout.My code is below.If
you can kindly help me on this.
Here i have to manually put the passphrase & then i get the data stream in
the Temp string variable.

——————-
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Text;
using System.Diagnostics;
using System.IO;
using System.Threading; // for Thread class

namespace ConsoleApplication3
{
class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{

string passphrase = “$Trans at RtA09″;

Process myProcess = new Process();
StreamWriter sw;
StreamReader sr;
StreamReader err;

ProcessStartInfo myProcessStartInfo = new
ProcessStartInfo(@”C:\gnupg\gpg.exe”);
myProcessStartInfo.Arguments = “–decrypt C:/Transfer/test.gpg”;
myProcessStartInfo.RedirectStandardError = true;
myProcessStartInfo.RedirectStandardInput = true;
myProcessStartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = true;
myProcessStartInfo.UseShellExecute = false;

myProcess.StartInfo = myProcessStartInfo;

myProcess.Start();
sw = myProcess.StandardInput;
sr = myProcess.StandardOutput;
err = myProcess.StandardError;

sw.AutoFlush = true;
if (passphrase != null && passphrase != “”)//
{                                                       //Here i am passing
the passphrase,but it doesnot write in
sw.WriteLine(passphrase);                     //

sw.Close();
String Temp = sr.ReadToEnd();
Temp += err.ReadToEnd();
}