Command Line Use of GPG

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Fri Feb 20 16:07:54 CET 2009

Kara wrote:
> For some reason the following approach won't let me access GPG:
>
>     1.  "Start | Run" gpg --edit-key deadbeef.
>
>     2.  C:\Documents and Settings\Kara> gpg --edit-key deadbeef
>
>     3.  C:\> gpg --edit-key deadbeef
>
> In each of the above attempts, the resulting error message is:
> 'gpg' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
> program or batch file."
>
> Once I can access GPG via the command line, I know what to do from
> that point on.

At a command prompt, use the command

    PATH

to verify the directory containing gpg.exe is part of the search path.
The default is C:\Program Files\Gnu\GnuPG.

If not, you may add it in Control Panel --> System --> Advanced -->
Environment Variables.

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or