How secure asymmetric encryption to yourself?

gerry_lowry (alliston ontario canada) gerry.lowry at abilitybusinesscomputerservices.com
Mon Feb 23 19:15:58 CET 2009

Sven Radde wrote, in part:

    "... there are more usable ways of managing one's passwords
         than storing them in a GnuPG file".

I'm curious what "more usable ways" there are that Sven and others
can recommend.

I'm also unsure what Sven apparently means by "more usable"?
(While they need to be decrypted, one would only occasionally
  need to decrypt them because for most of the time, until forgotten, those
  passwords that one uses frequently reside in one's biological memory.)

I guess one downside of the GnuPG file is that if one
loses her/his private key or forgets her/his passphrase,
then the passwords in the GnuPG file will be secure forever
or at least until she/he acquires her/his quantum computer in the future.

regards, gerry