[OT]future proof file encryption

Christopher J. Walters cwal989 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 28 03:24:27 CET 2009

John Clizbe wrote:
> Christopher J. Walters wrote:
>> I know quite enough about the field without your snide and foolish remarks.  I
>> refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
>
> Statement one: I'll ignore as other readers may make their own opinions
> as to the quality of knowledge demonstrated.
>
> All too often we see folks too overly invested in a creation to accept
> objective criticism of the idea.
>
> statement two: Rob seems actually quite well-armed to discuss these
> topics, wit capacity being left unjudged. But then, I know about his PhD
> study concentration and work in the security field from our mutual
> Enigmail work: Black Hat 2005 on SQL injection; DEF CON 2006 on
> electronic voting security; CodeCon 2006 and OSCON 2006 on non-security
> topics.

Statement one, and all of its children, I shall ignore, since they are only
ignorance masked as arrogance and "superior knowledge and intellect".  You
don't know me well enough to judge either, so do this list and yourself a favor
and stay out of it.  It reeks of Ad Hominum, without quite getting there.  I am
sure others will.

Statement two, two words: Straw man.

Statement three: Faulty use of (assumed) Authority, Post Hoc.  Therefore, ignored.