recover private key

jakse jacobbjerrum at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 11:08:36 CET 2009

Thanks so much! i really think it worked

Faramir-2 wrote:

>   *I think* there is a good chance it is what you need. GnuPG uses the
> files secring.gpg and pubring.gpg to store the private and public keys.
> But the .ASC file extension is used to store files as "armored ascii"
> format, which can be opened as a text file, printed, etc. But the
> content of an .ASC file is still the same content it would have if it
> was stored as .GPG (I mean, the format doesn't remove the info).

you where right! i did cat secring.asc and it returned my private key!

Faramir-2 wrote:

> I think the command you need is:
>
> gpg --import secring.asc

That was the right command i think!!

NOW!

does anyone have the time to test it with me? see - i'm kinda of semi nerdy
and really dont know anyone who sends encrypted files... i justed wanted
this stuff to work so that i have the skill and posibility to use it when it
is needed!