Setting up a new laptop - importing keyrings

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 12 16:36:45 CET 2009

I'm setting up a new netbook, and have copied into the .gnupg folder my
keyrings and associated files from this laptop.  Kgpg lists the keys
correctly, but all is not well.  When I try to set keys for signing and
encryption I get the endless searching bar, as Chris described a few days ago.

I considered starting from an empty keyring and importing signatures as they
arrive in kmail, but I think the problem is that I don't know how to get the
secret key recognised.

I'm happy to delete everything and start again if there is a better way, but I
need help to get this sorted.  Thanks

Anne