A question about Camellia

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri Jan 23 21:55:20 CET 2009

Faramir wrote:
> Don't worry, while I like to change some settings, I also like to
> "play safe". Even if I could use Camellia, I would not use it to send
> messages (maybe it would be interesting to be able to receive messages
> encrypted with it).

There's no real reason to avoid Camellia, by the way.  It's a trusted
algorithm, cryppies have a lot of confidence in it -- I'm just part of
the (vocal) minority which screams that OpenPGP has way too many
algorithms and we need to start cutting algorithms out.  I would like
GnuPG a lot more if it only supported 3DES, SHA-1, SHA256, and DSA/ELG
keypairs in 1k and 2k sizes.

There is a (less vocal) majority which seems to think I am crazy,
though.  :)