OT: virus on the wild?

Rippit the Ogg Frog rippit at oggfrog.com
Sat Jan 24 07:32:31 CET 2009

Faramir wrote:
> And the third and last question is: why the AV detected the virus
> _before_ I visited the site?

Were you using Firefox?  It has what I regard as a mis-feature, in which
it preloads at least the top hit of any Google search results.  That way
the page will load quicker if you do click its link.

Your virus is one reason it's a mis-feature.  Consider also how much
trouble you could find yourself in, should that top hit be an FBI
pedophile honeypot.

Possibly there is a way to disable the mis-feature, but I don't know
what it is.

If you weren't using Firefox, possibly other browsers have the
mis-feature now as well.

--
Rippit the Ogg Frog
ripp at oggfrog.com