Safety of the key and it's length

Greenhead, Christopher chronoflux at underworld-infinity.dnsalias.org
Mon Jan 26 20:41:15 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 02:10:55PM +0100, Micha?? Go????biowski wrote:
>but I wonder - how safe is the private key having exported ASCII
>signature sized circa 2600 bytes? Public key is similar in size.
>
>I see many people have keys sized 4800 bytes and even 10x bigger. How to

You seem to be referring to the size that the exported public key
occupies on disk... I'm not an expert by any stretch, but I believe
that you find the public keys of others to be larger because they
include all of the signatures that the key owners have accumulated on
them. Your brand new key would lack this extra "baggage".

Of course, if I've made any error here, I'd very much appreciate
clarification from those more experienced.

Good luck,

--
Christopher Greenhead

ENCRYPTED email preferred -- OpenPGP key ID: 0x(4C7EBA7A)87CA962A