Series of minor questions about OpenPGP 2

vedaal at hush.com vedaal at hush.com
Tue Jan 27 16:02:18 CET 2009

>Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 17:31:39 -0500
>From: David Shaw <dshaw at jabberwocky.com>
>Subject: Re: Series of minor questions about OpenPGP 1

>Old programs will basically blow up if they see something they
>don't
>understand.  There is a special packet, the Marker Packet (tag 10)
>which basically exists to make PGP 2.x print out "You need a newer
>version of PGP" before PGP 2.x would blow up.

on this note,
i was recently playing with a 64 bit vista laptop,
and couldn't get my portable pgp 2.x to initiate.
(Disastry's version)
the dos pgp window command line just opened and immediately closed

i was using the 16 bit dos build,
and didn't switch yet to the 32 bit win build

how does gnupg manage to maintain 16, 32, 64 bit
hardware independence?

TIA,

vedaal

--
Get a wet and wonderful shower head. Click now!
 http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/PnY6qxs2RCKE4j8VCOcH5gc2UF9uKpX1Ab5PfvMCZsBWNFVlKnqmL/