Selection of digest algorithm

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jan 29 08:22:14 CET 2009

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 00:50, dshaw at jabberwocky.com said:

> Yes.  Or at least the current one is.  There is a new version of the
> spec that allows for more hashes, but I don't believe there is a

The problem is that card checks that the correct padding, inclusive the
OID of the hash is used and thus rejects other hashs than implemented.
OpenPGP cards specs 2 are not that restrictive anymore and merely check
that there is enough padding.  Thus any hash usable with the key size is
allowed.

We expect fist samples of the card next month.  If we are lucky
production may start in late spring.  The card or better the chip used
with the card will also be used by the German health card project (50
million cards or so) and that stupid project is very much delayed - thus
the delays with card production.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner