gpg.exe Vista Crash

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Fri Jan 30 19:53:54 CET 2009

Henk M. de Bruijn wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, at 09:37:56 [GMT -0500] (which was 15:37 where I
> live) Brian wrote:
>
>> I recently moved to MS Vista and I've installed the gpg4win-1.1.3.exe
>> package from http://www.gpg4win.org.
>
>> When trying to run GPA or WinPT though, or even gpg from a command line,
>> I always get an error saying gpg.exe has crashed.
>
>> Does anyone know how to overcome this?
>
> I have GPG and GPGshell in my program folder but all the files that are
> changing I have moved to:
> %AppData% (hidden)
> %Roaming% (hidden)
> GnuPG
> GPGshell

Nothing at all to do with that, Henk. This a problem with the code in gpg.exe.

IIRC, gpg4win 1.1.3 includes GnuPG 1.4.7.

The patch that allows execution on Vista was committed about a week after
1.4.7's release and first appears in 1.4.8.

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or