gpg.exe Vista Crash

Brian belstsrv at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 23:38:08 CET 2009

John Clizbe wrote:
> Brian wrote:
>> I recently moved to MS Vista and I've installed the gpg4win-1.1.3.exe
>> package from http://www.gpg4win.org.
>>
>> When trying to run GPA or WinPT though, or even gpg from a command line,
>> I always get an error saying gpg.exe has crashed.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to overcome this?
>
> It's almost a FAQ
>
> ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/binary/gnupg-w32cli-1.4.9.exe
>
> Signature
>
> ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/binary/gnupg-w32cli-1.4.9.exe.sig
>
> SHA-1   c2efad983dfe50e6d8007257bad2c76604be389a  gnupg-w32cli-1.4.9.exe

I downloaded 1.4.9 and installed it.  I then grabbed WinPT and when
launching WinPT, I get repeated gpg.exe crashes, like I did before.

I also downloaded GnuPT and installed that, which comes with 1.4.9 and
running that also causes gpg.exe crashes.

I then took all of the EXEs from w32cli install and copied them over to
the GnuPT folder and had the same result.

I am really at a loss as to how to get a GUI interface to work with GnuPG.

What should I try next?