gpg2 does not detect smart card adapter

pri-jans at home.minuskel.de pri-jans at home.minuskel.de
Fri Jul 3 09:07:51 CEST 2009

Hi!

> Is the gpg-agent running?  Run "gpg-agent" and it will tell you.

yes, running and ready.

> Is the scdaemon installed? Run

Do you mean pcscd? Yes it is installed and running.

>    gpg-connect-agent 'SCD getinfo version' /bye

Executing this command does not work. gpg-connect-agent says it got
wrong arguments. Or do you mean to replace 'SCD getinfo version' by
the version number of pcscd?

> This should display the version number of the scdaemon. Check
> permissions of the reader (/dev/bus/usb/NNN/MMM), you need to have
write
> access

Non-root users have read access only - to any USB device. It guess
that pcscd has root privileges; so this is fine?

> If that is all fine, you need to enable debugging: Add these lines to
> ~/.gnupg/scdaemon.conf:

This file did not exist yet so I created it.

>   debug 1024
>   debug 2048
>   log-file /foo/bar/scdaemon.log
>
> Restart scdaemon (Use "kill" or with the latest GnuPG versions:
> "gpgconf--reload scdaemon").

Is "/etc/init.d/pcscd restart" doing the same job?

Regards
Jan