algorithm 11 mistake mac

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com
Tue Jul 7 22:45:12 CEST 2009

On Jul 7, 2009, at 2:55 AM, Friedrich Fuhr wrote:

> Hello to all.
> I have a Problem:
> When i try to send a signed mail message i get a window with the
> following text:
>
> internal failure: the hash algorithmus 11 is not allowed with rfc3156
> the message couldn´t signed with gpg
>
> system:
> mac os x 10,5,6
> gpgmail 1.2.0
> gpgpreferences 1.2.2
> macgpg 2-2.0.12
>
> background:
>
> i made 2 new keys for 2 different email-adresses.
> i forgot the passphrase without having a revocation possibility
> i deleted both keys
> #then i made a new one with one of the addresses
> from this point on the mentioned above mistake happened.
> as long as i remembered my passphrase everything worked fine.
>
> what ca i do to solve the problem?
> may i uninstall everything?
>
> thank you very much for your patience
> and your help
>

> Friedrich Fuhr
> ffuhr at gmx.de

According to previous posts and result of tests, it seems that the
problem is with GPGMail signing with OpenPGP/MIME *and* SHA224.

OpenPGP/MIME is set by default when sending a message with an
attachment, or a multi-part message (e.g. HTML format).

You'd better check your gpg.conf, and:
disable the option digest-algo SHA224

and use instead:
digest-algo SHA256