starting gpg-agent

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jul 9 09:49:33 CEST 2009

On Thu,  9 Jul 2009 03:25, cpollock at embarqmail.com said:
> Before switching to Gnome I was running KDE and gpg-agent apparently
> started automatically when the system was booted. Now that I'm running
> Gnome I've entered the following on the CLI:
>
> gpg-agent --daemon --use-standard-socket
> --log-file /home/chris/.gnupg/agent.log

That should work.  I have not tested --use-standard-socket a lot but it
has been introduced just for this purpose.

BTW, you don't need to set --log-file on the command line.  You may at
any time change it in gpg-agent.conf and give gpg-agent a HUP to reread
most of the config file.  As an alternative to HUP you may use
 "gpgconf --reload gpg-agent"

> Using webmin I've setup several other apps such as fetchmail to start

I have no experience with webmin.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner