gnupg as ssh-agent

Ingo Krabbe ingo.krabbe at eoa.de
Fri Jul 10 16:12:42 CEST 2009

Hi,

I now tried to use the gpg-agent as a ssh-agent too, as I always started both
agents anyway.  Now I wonder if I could also use my GnuPG Key as a key for a
ssh session too, which would be quite convenient.

Actually I wonder why the gpg-agent runs in ssh-agent mode, if the latter isn't
possible, and further, why the latter shouldn't be possible as both keys are
just containers for the same algortihm, though gpg supports more algorithms
than ssh, at least for RSA and DSA keys this statement should hold.

TIA

Ingo Krabbe